This update reviews current bans under the Smoke-Free Ontario Act and concludes that protection from secondhand smoke in Ontario is comparable to that of other Canadian jurisdictions, except for those with a complete ban on smoking on open patios. The update provides a summary table of current smoke-free legislation by Canadian federal, provincial and territorial jurisdiction. Protection from secondhand smoke in various international jurisdictions is also reviewed.
- Tobacco Taxes – 2012 Monitoring Update
- Litigation against the Tobacco Industry – 2012 Monitoring Update
- Prohibition of Tobacco Sales In Specific Places – 2012 Monitoring Update
- 2012 Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy Evaluation Report – Executive Summary
- 2012 Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy Evaluation Report – Full Report
Date: June 2012
Type of Publication: Monitoring Update