Litigation against the tobacco industry is any attempt to challenge the tobacco industry through judicial process. This update summarizes healthcare cost recovery legislation and litigation against the tobacco industry, by Canadian provincial and territorial jurisdiction. Litigation against the tobacco industry for contraband is also discussed. International efforts are also reviewed, particularly those in the US, a global leader in litigation against the industry.
- Tobacco Taxes – 2012 Monitoring Update
- Prohibition of Tobacco Sales In Specific Places – 2012 Monitoring Update
- Protection from Secondhand Smoke – 2012 Monitoring Update
- 2012 Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy Evaluation Report – Executive Summary
- 2012 Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy Evaluation Report – Full Report
Date: June 2012
Type of Publication: Monitoring Update