Comprehensive tobacco control includes prohibition of tobacco sales in specific places in order to decrease the physical availability of tobacco products. This Update discusses current legislation in Ontario about where tobacco products can be sold, and reviews legislation across Canada prohibiting tobacco sales in specific places, by provincial, territorial and federal jurisdiction. Efforts to control the retail environment for tobacco sales in various international jurisdictions are also discussed.
- Tobacco Taxes – 2012 Monitoring Update
- Litigation against the Tobacco Industry – 2012 Monitoring Update
- Protection from Secondhand Smoke – 2012 Monitoring Update
- 2012 Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy Evaluation Report – Executive Summary
- 2012 Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy Evaluation Report – Full Report
Date: June 2012
Type of Publication: Monitoring Update