Taxation is a policy tool used to increase the retail price of tobacco products in order to decrease their economic accessibility. This update summarizes the amount of tax on cigarettes and roll your own tobacco by provincial, territorial and federal jurisdiction. The levels of tax for various US states and Australia are also highlighted.
- Prohibition of Tobacco Sales In Specific Places – 2011 Monitoring Update
- Litigation against the Tobacco Industry – 2011 Monitoring Update
- Tobacco Control Funding Commitments – 2011 Monitoring Update
- 2011 Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy Evaluation Report – Executive Summary
- 2011 Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy Evaluation Report – Full Report
Date: April 2011
Type of Publication: Monitoring Update