Partners of the Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy have made solid progress in implementing a comprehensive approach to achieving vital tobacco control goals. This report presents evaluative information about the activities and results of the Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy and describes Strategy infrastructure and interventions (policies, programs and social marketing campaigns), analyzes population-level changes, and explores the contributions of interventions. To further understanding of Strategy challenges and accomplishments, we include assessments of changes in the social climate and public support for tobacco control measures and in pro-tobacco influences. Throughout the report accomplishments and opportunities are highlighted, with the intention of bringing evidence to bear on the continued development of comprehensive tobacco control in the province.
- Tobacco Taxes – 2012 Monitoring Update
- Litigation against the Tobacco Industry – 2012 Monitoring Update
- Prohibition of Tobacco Sales In Specific Places – 2012 Monitoring Update
- Protection from Secondhand Smoke – 2012 Monitoring Update
- 2012 Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy Evaluation Report – Executive Summary
Date: November 2012
Type of Publication: Strategy Monitoring Report